HOLY CROSS PARISH
SIOCON, ZAMBOANGA DEL NORTE
REV. FR. RENATO S. PALUCA, VF
REV. FR. EUDES D. PAÑALES
A cross is a symbol of dialogue with God (vertical line) and with fellow human beings (horizontal line). Moreover, it is indispensable particularly in dialogue with other religious and denominations of faith. So, the Holy Cross is a fitting guide for the parish in Siocon where Christians and Muslims exert efforts to co-exist peacefully.
Upon its creation on May 03, 1951, a diocesan clergy, Fr. Anacleto Pellano, was its first pastor. He was followed by Fr. Pio Saavedra, Fr. Herculano Ugto. In the 70’s and early 80’s the PIME Fathers took care of it. After the Jesuits and the Claretians (Missionary Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary), they were the third religious congregation to have served Siocon. They included Fr. Egidio Biffi, Fr. Santo Deguardo, Fr. Angelo Biancat, Fr. Vincent Bruno, Fr. Salvador Carzedda (a martyr of faith) and Antirmo Villano. Today, Siocon parish is ministered by Very Rev. Edgar Agura, V.F. and Rev. Fr. Randy Tic-ing is his co-pastor.
The Holy Cross Parish believes and implements gradually the diocesan thrust of building basic ecclesial communities among the faithful. In-service and seminars are regularly conducted for the formation of the laity. Parochial social services are also extended not only to Christians but also to their Muslim brothers and sisters.
Certainly, the cross is a symbol of life, not of death, in Siocon.