OUR MOTHER OF PERPETUAL HELP PARISH
MANUKAN, ZAMBOANGA DEL NORTE
VERY REV. FR. PHILIP E. ALICAYOS, VF
The Parish of Our Mother of Perpetual Help in Manukan is older than the diocese. It has just completed its fifth decade having been created in 1952. Fr. Felino Ragonton was its first pastor. He served the parish for twenty-eight years. Not only were structures laid down and the people organized under him. The founding of San Estanislao Kostka High School took place. Later, Fr. Malaquias Fuerzas and then Fr. Wilson Cadano assisted him in running the place. Fr. Gonzalo Villamil, Jr. administered the parish until 1980 when Fr. Cromwell Cabrisos took over. He was followed by Fr. Noli Suarez, Fr. Felino Ragonton, Fr. Edwin Ticon, Fr. Felomino Cuaton, Fr. Rodrigo Zafra and presently, Fr. Edgar Elumba. The parochial school, San Estanislao Kostka College, is also under the care of the parish priest.
Mandated organization provided the main support to the parish. Traditional devotions play an important role in its spiritual life. But integral formation is also targeted through its on-going formation programs intended to the laity. With the help of their patroness, the people of Manukan pray that they become truly a community sharing and living their faith.